Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Hi, well its Tuesday, I have had a tough week since I last wrote, rode for six days in a row and had 4 tough but great lessons. My boy, Youri, is going well and seams in good form, he is still lying down lots after his trip to Vienna.

Last Friday I went home to Dundalk and went to a Ceili Mor organised by an old school friend Geraldine Craig in order to raise money, to help me realise my dream to get to the Paralympics. Geraldine is also going to climb Kilamanjaro in September to raise funds. I spent Saturday catching up with paperwork in Armagh and Sunday I went to see my Mum Nora and then to see my pal Helen who 9 weeks ago came off her motorbike and hit the central reservation on the N7 on her way home to Dunleer. Helen broke her right leg and fractured her pelvis in two places and had lots of scraps and stitches on the left side of her bod. Helen is on crutches and just acquired an electric buggy to get her up and running and is doing really well. I have to say Helen and her family has coped amazingly and I am very proud of them all. I got back to Arklow on Monday and had a lesson today with Niall which went well.

My World Championships are on in just over a months time and so the pressure is on to cram in as much work as possible. We are heading for Hartpury in England for the Championships the results will decide whether or not we make it to the Paralympics in Hong Kong next year.

Talk soon

No comments: